The answers to your professional interest questions initiate a relationship irrespective of an offer or not.
Some of those insights could include:
• Attribution bias of the manager; is success self-made or made by working with people
• If they have healthy work relationships and or the political skills to prevail at the company
• Their mentors, if they had any and or if they mentor others currently
• Validation of work-life values as presented by the company
• Insights to which parts of the job they enjoy and which parts might they delegated
• If they are attached to the work, people or company or something more personal
• If they might be in a transition phase down, across, up or out of the company
Beyond a better understanding the hiring manager, the candidate creates a context for keeping in touch if they are not selected for the position!
This is helpful as networking with professionals is the fastest route to new employment.
The mistake most candidates make is focusing solely on the job piece - the short-game to the exclusion of the long-game.
People can be sympathetic to a candidate's need for a job.
But... they would rather treat the candidate as a professional who has an agenda, a consistent business persona, some self-awareness and "stones" big enough to move from the short-game to the long-game effortlessly.
Generic question list coming up next... Dirk
My Lead-Page for the book is www.resumepsychologythebook.com
This Link is to the print and Kindle version on Amazon http://www.Amazon.Com/-/dp/0692525602/
The author page on Amazon is www.Amazon.Com/Author/DirkSpencer
Buy the book at a discount here https://www.createspace.com/5714917
Printer Discount Code: FA6pWQ4J
The book is called Resume Psychology Resume Hacks & Traps Revealed- Beat the Machine. Be Seen. Get Hired! by Dirk Spencer. ISBN-10: 0692525602 and ISBN-13: 978-0692525609 available in print and Kindle eBook.
My Twitter is https://twitter.com/dirkindallas
The blog link is http://resumepsychology.blogspot.com/
Connect to me on LinkedIn here https://www.linkedin.com/in/dirkindallas
My online content is here http://www.slideshare.net/dirkspencer
My photo content is here https://www.flickr.com/photos/origamidirk/
Recent media mentions include: